Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,227,866 1 new person every 1 minute and 29 seconds Consumer price index 1.0% Annual change Jun 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.5% Quarterly change Jun 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,516.00 May 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.7% Aug 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Thursday 29 September 2016Job vacancies (trend) increased 1.3% in August 2016Job Vacancies, Australia
- Thursday 29 September 2016Methodological News September 2016 released today.Methodological News
- Thursday 29 September 2016Household net worth rebounds with rising property pricesAustralian National Accounts: Finance and Wealth
- Thursday 29 September 2016New detailed monthly labour force outputs released.Labour Force, Australia, Detailed - Electronic Delivery (Additional Information)
- Wednesday 28 September 2016Dementia deaths continue to rise as population agesCauses of Death, Australia
9208.0 - Survey of Motor Vehicle Use, Australia On the road There were 17.7 million vehicles registered in Australia in 2014. These vehicles travelled a total distance of 244 billion kilometres that year. New South Wales had the largest share of total kilometres travelled and the largest proportion of registered vehicles.
Overseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia Arrivals and Departures In July 2016 there were 831 800 short-term resident departures, a 6 per cent increase from the same time last year. Also in July 2016, there were 694 500 short-term visitor arrivals, up 12.5 per cent from July 2015. New Zealand visitor arrivals were highest in July 2016, followed by China.
Women hold 41 per cent of senior executive positions in the Australian Public Service