Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,010,391 1 new person every 1 minute and 23 seconds. Consumer price index 2.1% June quarter 2018 All groups, original Gross domestic product 1.0% Quarterly change Mar 2018 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,586.20 May 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.4% July 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Thursday 16 August 2018Trend unemployment rate steady at 5.4 per centLabour Force, Australia
- Thursday 16 August 2018Low Average Earnings Growth ContinuesAverage Weekly Earnings, Australia
- Thursday 16 August 2018Half of all businesses offer flexible work hoursSelected Characteristics of Australian Business
- Wednesday 15 August 2018Wages rise 0.6% in the June quarter 2018Wage Price Index, Australia
- Tuesday 14 August 2018Annual re-weight of the CPI and Living Cost IndexesInformation Paper: An Update on the Annual Re-weighting of the Australian CPI and Living Cost Indexes
Census of Population and Housing: Characteristics of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, 2016 2016 Census Storybooks After each Census, the ABS travels around Australia to give Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities back their data. The 2016 Census storybooks are one of the unique ways these stories are shared. Now you can check out the 2016 Census storybooks online.
Population Clock Australia’s population reaches 25 million Australia’s population reaches 25 million on Tuesday 7 August just after 11pm (AEST), according to the ABS Population Clock. Learn more about this milestone and insights of how we got here, where we live, how we compare internationally and future population milestones.
13% of people aged over 65 are still working