Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,115,630 1 new person every 1 minute and 30 seconds Consumer price index 1.3% Annual change Mar 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 1.1% Quarterly change Mar 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,499.30 November 2015 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.7% May 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Thursday 30 June 2016Your Region, Your DataNational Regional Profile
- Thursday 30 June 2016Job vacancies (trend) increased 0.9% in May 2016Job Vacancies, Australia
- Thursday 30 June 2016Data by Region - statistics on a particular geographyData by Region
- Thursday 30 June 2016International measure of disabilitySupplementary Disability Survey
- Thursday 30 June 2016First fall in household net worth since September 2011Australian National Accounts: Finance and Wealth
Protecting your privacy Protecting your privacy August 9 is Census night, but how has the Census changed and how is data kept safe? In 2016, the majority of households will complete the Census online. To make sure data is safely and securely managed, privacy protections are stronger than ever. Learn more in our informative new video, Protecting your privacy.
8166.0 - Summary of IT Use and Innovation in Australian Business, 2014-15 Use of social media by business is on the rise How does your business compare? Over a third of all businesses now have a social media presence. In the last 4 years, businesses with fewer than 4 employees have doubled their social media presence. Businesses with the highest social media presence are those with 200 or more employees.
More than 14,000 Australians are employed in renewable energy activities