Module 3: Interpreting Data
-  Robotham, J., 2005, Babies at risk from pollution, Sydney Morning Herald July 28, 2005, Sydney
-  Australian Bureau of Statistics 1995, Housing Stock; Safe as Houses? Australian Social Trends. Accessed 4 October 2006
- Coleman, J., Hoffer, T. & Kilgore, S. 1982, Cognitive outcomes in public and private schools. Sociology of Education , 55, p. 65-76.
- Goldberger, A. S. & Cain, G. G. 1982, The causal analysis of cognitive outcomes in the Coleman, Hoffer and Kilgore report. Sociology of Education , 55, p. 103-122.
- Becker, Jean 1998, Voters Favor a National Primary, USA Today , 5 February 1988, p. 8a
- Moore, D. S. 1991, Statistics: Concepts and controversies. 3rd Ed. New York: W. H. Freeman and Company, p.88
-  Horin, A. 2004, Pet Ownership linked to depression. Sydney Morning Herald, April 24, 2004. Sydney
- Parslow, R., Jorm, A., Christensen, H., Rodgers, B. & Jacomb. P. 2005, Pet Ownership and Health in Older Adults: Findings from a Survey of 2,552 Community-Based Australians Aged 60-64, Gerontology , 51:1, p40-47.
- Moore, D. S. 1995, The basic practice of statistics. 2 nd Ed. New York: W. H. Freeman and Company.
-  National Council of Teachers of Mathematics 2006, Accessed 10 October 2006 http://illuminations.nctm.org
- Moore, D. S. 1995, The basic practice of statistics. 2 nd Ed.New York: W. H. Freeman and Company. p. 98
- Houck, M. A., Gauthier, J. A. Strauss, R. E. 1990, Allometric scaling in the earliest fossil bird, Archaeopteryx lithographica. Science , 247, p. 195-198.
- Masters, R. 1992, ÎThe damning graph that killed tobacco sponsorship.' Sydney Morning Herald , April 1, 1992. Sydney
- Australian Bureau of Statistics 1997, Education and Training Experience , Australia 1997 (cat. no. 6278.0). Canberra
- Ridker, P. M., Cushman, M., Stampfer, M. J., Tracy, R. P. & Hennekens, C. H. 1997, Inflammation, aspirin, and the risk of cardio-vascular disease in apparently healthy men. The New England Journal of Medicine , 336, p. 973-979.
- Tufte, E.R. 2001, The Visual Display of Quantitative Information 2nd Ed. Conneticut, Graphics Press
- Dionne, E.J. (Jr), 1980, Î Regional Factors Aided 2 in Primaries' New York Times, June 16, 1980, ProQuest Historical Newspapers; The New York Times (1851 - 2003) p. A18
- Cochran, W, G. 1968, The effectiveness of adjustment by subclassification in removing bias in observational studies. Biometrics , 24, p. 295-313.
- Bickel, P. J. & O'Connell, J. W. 1975, Is there a sex bias in graduate admissions? Science , 187, p. 398-404.
- Radelat, M. L. 1981, Racial characteristics and the imposition of the death penalty. American Sociological Review , 46, p. 918-927.
- Seligman, D. 1994, Keeping up. Fortune, 130(5)
- Rothman, S. & Powers, S. 1994, Execution by quota? The Public Interest , 116, p. 3-18.
- Barnett, A. 1994, How numbers can trick you (statistical data). Technology Review, 97:7 Oct 1994, p. 38-46. Viewed 10/10/06
- Fisher, R.A. 1974, Collected Papers of R.A. Fisher, Volume V,1948 - 1962 Paper No. 275. Edited by J.H Bennett. University of Adelaide
- Herbst, A., Ulfelder, H., & Poskanzer, D. 1971, Adenocarcinoma of the vagina: Association of maternal stilbestroltherapy with tumor appearance in young women. New England Journal of Medicine , 284, p.878-881.
- Gustavsson, P., Nyber, G., Pershagen, G., Scheele, P., Jakobsson, R. & Plato, N. 2002, Low Dose Exposure to Asbestos and Lung Cancer: Dose-Response Relations and Interactions with Smoking in a Population-based Case-Referent Study in Stockholm, Sweden, American Journal of Epidemiology , 155:11, p.1016-1021
- Utts, J. M. 1996, Seeing through statistics. Belmont, CA.: Duxbury Press. p.91.
- Hurt, R., Dale, L., Fredrickson, P., Caldwell, C., Lee, G., Offord, K., Lauger, G., Marusic, Z., Neese, L., Lundberg, T. 1994, Nicotine patch therapy for smoking cessation combined with physician advice and nurse followup. Journal of the American Medical Association , 271, p.595-600.
-  Australian Bureau of Statistics 2006, Consumer Price Index, Canberra , viewed 10/10/06 http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/DSSbyCollectionid/1E564CACF4CBEC32CA256ED8007EF06E?opendocument
- Seligman, D. 1961, We're drowning in phony statistics. Fortune , 126, p.146-149, 165-166.