Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,771,071 1 new person every 1 minute and 26 seconds Consumer price index 1.8% September quarter 2017 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.6% Quarterly change Sep 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,543.80 May 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.4% November 2017 Monthly, trend estimate
- Monday 18 December 2017More Australians intend to work longerRetirement and Retirement Intentions, Australia
- Monday 18 December 2017Downward trend in new motor vehicle sales continuesSales of New Motor Vehicles, Australia
- Monday 18 December 2017New 2016 Census data on migrants now availableMigrant Data Matrices (Additional Information)
- Monday 18 December 2017Barriers and Retirement now in TableBuilderMicrodata: Barriers and Incentives to Labour Force Participation, Retirement and Retirement Intentions
- Thursday 14 December 2017Continued strength in employment growthLabour Force, Australia
Remake of Statistical Determination 1983 Public consultation is now open Public consultation is now open to remake of the Statistics Determination 1983 . The Treasury and ABS have prepared a public consultation paper that outlines the proposed changes. To view the consultation paper or make a submission go to the Treasury consultation site.
The Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey Results Announced Results from the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey are now available at www.marriagesurvey.abs.gov.au/results. The official statistics include a count of responses (Yes, No and Response Not Clear) as well as data on participation at the Federal Electoral Division, State/Territory and National level.
13% of people aged over 65 are still working