Known Issues with the ABS.Stat Beta release
Here are the issues we know about (as at October 2016) which we are working to resolve.
- The "Find in Themes" search does not advise you if there are no search results, so it looks as though a search has not been performed. You may wish to use the drop-down menu to search for themes.
- The date and time stamp is currently GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) but we are investigating whether we can change this to AEST.
- ABS.Stat currently times out after 20 minutes of inactivity. You will need to refresh your browser, however you will then lose any selections and layout changes you have made. We are currently looking at extending the time period before a time out occurs.
- ABS.Stat does not display release information.
- Large column labels do not wrap, making it hard to read compressed descriptions.
- Dimension hierarchies display incorrectly in the Customise Selection window if you choose to view ‘All Dimensions.’ The hierarchy will display correctly elsewhere in ABS.Stat table and any exports.
- The button to sort columns in ascending or descending order will not toggle off if the ‘Hide empty rows’ option is checked under ‘Customise -> Table options’
- There is no facility to save queries.
- Does not include Australian financial year data or any quarterly data with reference periods other than the standard March, June, September and December quarters, for example, detailed quarterly Labour Force data which are issued in February, May, August and November. Future versions of ABS.Stat will include financial year and all quarterly datasets.
- As we do not load new datasets or update dataset series immediately following the 11:30am release, data may not necessarily be the most up to date. You should check the ABS website (www.abs.gov.au) for the latest data and we will continue to load new datasets and update dataset series, as soon as possible after the embargo (11.30 am.) is lifted on the day the data is released.
- Time Series IDs are not yet available within the product. These will be included in a future release of ABS.Stat.
- It is not possible to print data directly from the browser in ABS.Stat. Printing is available by exporting to Excel.