Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,409,719 1 new person every 1 minute and 22 seconds Consumer price index 1.5% December quarter 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 1.1% Quarterly change Dec 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,533.10 November 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.8% February 2017 Monthly, trend estimate
- Wednesday 29 March 2017Engineering construction falls in DecemberEngineering Construction Activity, Australia
- Wednesday 29 March 2017New data on Autism now availableDisability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: Summary of Findings (Additional Information)
- Tuesday 28 March 2017Register your interest for ABS Census data seminarsRegister your interest for ABS Census data seminars
- Monday 27 March 20178 million adults tested for cancer in 2 yearsHealth Service Usage and Health Related Actions, Australia
- Monday 27 March 2017Disability, social and economic wellbeingNational Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Survey (Additional Information)
Schools, Australia Government school enrolments on the rise Government school enrolments continued to rise slightly to 65.4 per cent in 2016, up from 65.2 per cent the previous year. This follows a 40 year period of decline in the share of government school enrolments, dropping from 79 per cent in 1977 to low of 65.1 per cent in 2014.
3401.0 - Overseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia, Jun 2016 Australia's top 3 travel destinations in 2015-16 In 2015-16, the top three most popular travel destinations for Australian residents were New Zealand, Indonesia (including Bali), and the United States of America. Holidays made up 59 per cent of all overseas journeys. The average amount of time people spent outside Australia was 23 days.
There were 909,000 single parent families in Australia in 2012-13