|TableBuilder Advanced product, Charges apply |
TableBuilder Basic (Census) Intermediate product, Free
TableBuilder Pro (Census) Advanced product, Charges apply
|For Census 2006 & 2011 datasets:|
TableBuilder Basic & Pro
For all other TableBuilder datasets:
Don't have access yet?
See How to apply for microdata
|TableBuilder is an online tool for creating tables and graphs from ABS microdata. Starting with an empty table, data variables can be selected for cross-tabulation. For available products and supporting documentation, see the Available microdata page.|
- construct your own tables using data variables you select
- options to display counts, percentages and relative standard errors in your table
- select from categorical variables (eg state, age, sex)
- calculate means, medians and quantiles for continuous variables (eg income)
- create custom ranges from continuous variables
- create graphs using your customised tables
- save or export your tables as CSV, Excel or SDMX files.
Features available for Census 2006 and 2011 datasets
- create your own customised tables of up to 5 million cells
- create thematic maps and download them as PDF and KMZ files
- access all geographic areas, ranging from Statistical Area Level 1 to the whole of Australia
- create, save and share customised geographic areas and data items (recodes) with other users.
Help using TableBuilder
Help using Census 2006 and 2011 datasets in TableBuilder
This page first published 30 May 2011, last updated 15 September 2015