For Census 2006 & 2011 datasets:
TableBuilder Basic & Pro
For all other TableBuilder datasets:
Don't have access yet?
Register or Login
to Registration Centre
|TableBuilder is an online tool for creating tables and graphs from ABS microdata. Starting with an empty table, data variables can be selected for cross-tabulation. For available products and supporting documentation, see the Expected and available Microdata page. Census TableBuilder Basic is a free product. Subscription charges apply for all other TableBuilder products. Features include:
Additional features available for Census 2006 and 2011 datasets:
- construct your own tables using data variables you select
- options to display counts, percentages and relative standard errors in your table
- select from categorical variables (eg state, age, sex)
- calculate means, medians and quantiles for continuous variables (eg income)
- create custom ranges from continuous variables
- create graphs using your customised tables
- save or export your tables as CSV, Excel or SDMX files.
Help using TableBuilder
Help using Census 2006 and 2011 datasets in TableBuilder
- create your own customised tables of up to 5 million cells
- create thematic maps and download them as PDF and KMZ files
- access all geographic areas, ranging from Statistical Area Level 1 to the whole of Australia
- create, save and share customised geographic areas and data items (recodes) with other users.
This page first published 30 May 2011, last updated 12 December 2014