When preparing your application, it is recommended that you:
- download and carefully read the information about the position, focusing on the duties of the role and the skills and experience to do it well.
- conduct some initial research by browsing this website and reading key resources such as the Annual Report and Corporate Plan;
- take the opportunity to speak to the Contact Officer to seek clarification or additional information
- decide whether the ABS is the type of place you would like to work and whether you possess the skills, experience, knowledge and abilities required
- be aware of the closing date and how to lodge your application (see below).
Applying for vacancies using e-Recruitment
Our on-line recruitment system will ask you some standard personal details:
- citizenship status
- personal and contact details;
- equity and diversity details (optional);
- a summary of your employment details;
- a summary of your education/trade qualifications;
You will also be provided with the opportunity to promote yourself, saying why are you are right for the role and of course, you will need to provide:
- a referee report (where requested), or the names of at least two referees who can comment on your work performance and character and
- a recent resume, outlining your relevant work experience, educational background and achievements.
Lodging Your Application
Applications should be lodged by the specified closing date. The ABS prefers on-line applications.
If you have any queries about using the ABS eRecruitment system, please contact Recruitment on 1800 249 583.
Applicant User Guide
If applicants experience any difficulties with the eRecruitment system, we encourage them to use the eRecruitment User Guide.
ABS' online e-recruitment service is provided by NGANET.AU (owned by Acendre) and all applicant information is appropriately secured by the provider to ensure applicants' privacy and information is protected.
For more information refer to the Privacy Statement.