To be eligible for employment with the Australian Bureau of Statistics, there are a number of requirements that you must meet the following requirements:
- Completing an online Medical Self-assessment and National Police Check and
- Confirming the details given in your employment application (including employment history, employment references, educational qualifications, and professional memberships
- · Australian Citizenship - To be eligible for employment with the ABS, you must be an Australian citizen.
· Redundancy Benefits - If you have received a redundancy benefit from an APS agency or from the Australian Parliamentary Service, you are not normally considered for re-employment prior to the expiry of the redundancy benefit period. However a redundancy benefit recipient may be engaged as a non-ongoing (non-SES employee) for a period of less than six months subject to Australian Statistician approval. To confirm your eligibility please refer to this link for additional information on redundancy benefits.
· Pre-employment Check - The ABS must verify you are of good health and character through a Health & Character Clearance. This involves:
If the ABS receives unsatisfactory reports or delays on any of the above eligibility checks, you may be assessed as unsuitable for employment. If you have been offered a position, the offer may be withdrawn.
Note: If you are offered employment with the ABS, and are not currently an ongoing employee of the APS, your employment is subject a six month period of probation, during which time your conduct and work performance will be assessed to ascertain whether you are suitable for continued employment.