MARCH KEY FIGURES
February 2013 to March 2013
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
March Qtr 2013
December Qtr 2012 to March Qtr 2013
|Turnover in volume terms |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
MARCH KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
in volume terms -
- The trend estimate rose 0.4% in March 2013. This follows a rise of 0.4% in February 2013 and a rise of 0.4% in January 2013.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate fell 0.4% in March 2013. This follows a rise of 1.3% in February 2013 and a rise of 1.3% in January 2013.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.3% in March 2013 compared with March 2012.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in March 2013: Food retailing (0.5%), Household goods retailing (0.6%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), Other retailing (0.3%), Department stores (0.4%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.1%).
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in March 2013: New South Wales (0.5%), Queensland (0.6%), Victoria (0.4%), Western Australia (0.2%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.7%), Tasmania (0.5%) and the Northern Territory (0.2%). South Australia (0.0%) was relatively unchanged in trend terms in March 2013.
- In volume terms, the trend estimate for Australian turnover rose 0.9% in the March quarter 2013.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|April 2013 ||3 June 2013|
|May 2013 ||3 July 2013|
|June 2013 ||5 August 2013|
|July 2013 ||3 September 2013|
|August 2013 ||1 October 2013|
|September 2013 ||4 November 2013|
There are no changes in this issue.
The original estimates for Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing have been revised in February 2013 as a result of updated information from survey respondents.
The original estimates for Food retailing in December quarter 2012 have been revised as a result of updated information received from survey respondents.
Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to revisions to original estimates as well as the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.
This page last updated 6 May 2013