JANUARY KEY FIGURES
December 2013 to January 2014
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JANUARY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.7% in January 2014. This follows a rise of 0.7% in December 2013 and a rise of 0.7% in November 2013.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 1.2% in January 2014. This follows a rise of 0.7% December 2013 and a rise of 0.7% in November 2013.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 5.6% in January 2014 compared with January 2013.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in January 2014: Food retailing (0.8%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (1.4%), Household goods retailing (0.4%), Other retailing (0.4%), Department stores (0.7%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.3%).
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in January 2014: New South Wales (1.0%), Victoria (0.8%), Queensland (0.6%), Western Australia (0.4%), Tasmania (1.3%), South Australia (0.2%), the Northern Territory (0.3%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.2%).
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|February 2014 ||3 April 2014|
|March 2014 ||7 May 2014|
|April 2014 ||3 June 2014|
|May 2014 ||3 July 2014|
|June 2014 ||4 August 2014|
|July 2014 ||4 September 2014|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the November 2013 and December 2013 reference months and updated consumer sales estimates for the December 2013 quarter. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Amanda Biltoft on Sydney (02) 9268 4642.
This page last updated 6 March 2014