JULY KEY FIGURES
June 2015 to July 2015
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JULY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in July 2015. This follows a rise of 0.3% in June 2015 and a rise of 0.3% in May 2015.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate fell 0.1% in July 2015. This follows a rise of 0.6% in June 2015 and a rise of 0.3% in May 2015.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 4.4% in July 2015 compared with July 2014.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in July 2015: Food retailing (0.2%), Household goods retailing (0.4%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.3%), Other retailing (0.3%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.4%). Department stores (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in July 2015.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in July 2015: New South Wales (0.4%), Victoria (0.2%), Western Australia (0.1%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.5%), South Australia (0.1%) and the Northern Territory (0.3%). Queensland (0.0%) and Tasmania (0.0%) were relatively unchanged.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|August 2015 ||2 October 2015|
|September 2015 ||4 November 2015|
|October 2015 ||4 December 2015|
|November 2015 ||8 January 2016|
|December 2015 ||5 February 2016|
|January 2016 ||4 March 2016|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the July 2015 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the June 2015 quarter. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.
This page last updated 3 September 2015