Beyond the Count - will you be there?
18 January, 2011
The Census ‘Beyond the Count’ conference in March will highlight the effective and innovative use of Census data by government, community and private sector organisations, and it’s not too late for you to be involved.
The two day conference will feature speakers and presenters from government bodies, charitable organisations and private institutions, including Australia’s leading commentator and advisor on consumer, cultural and demographic trends Bernard Salt, and ACOSS CEO, Dr Cassandra Goldie.
The conference will also include Census workshops and an opportunity to meet with key Census staff.
Government advisors, demographers and social advocates, journalists, community leaders and policy influencers throughout Australia are encouraged to register for the ‘Beyond the Count’ conference at www.abs.gov.au/beyoundthecount
The Census ‘Beyond the Count’ conference will be held at Melbourne, from Wednesday 2 March to Friday 4 March, 2011.
Key Census dates
· February 2011 – Recruitment of Area Supervisors begins.
· 2 - 4 March 2011 – Census ‘Beyond the Count’ conference.
· Early April 2011 – Recruitment of Census Collectors begins.
· 28 July 2011 – eCensus opens to the public.
· 9 August 2011 – Census night.
· 10 August – Early September 2011 – Collection of Census forms.
· June 2012 – The first results from the 2011 Census will be released.