2011 Census jobs - chalk one up for the Census
9 February, 2011
Embargoed: 11.30 am (AEST)
Can you see yourself applying for one of 3,500 Census Area Supervisor jobs?
Can you see yourself helping to oversee the distribution and collection of approximately 14.2 million Census forms to Australia’s 9.8 million households?
Can you see yourself making a real difference on Census night, Tuesday 9 August, 2011?
Well, now you can, literally.
Internationally renowned chalk artist Jenny McCracken, in consultation with the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), will create a spectacular interactive 3-D masterpiece at Queen Street Mall, Brisbane and you can be in it.
What: Media opportunity, Census Area Supervisor job launch
Where: Queens Street Mall stage, Brisbane
When: 10 February 2011
Interview opportunity: AJ Lanyon, Queensland Regional Director, ABS
Jenny McCracken, 3D optical illusions artist
Key Census dates
· February 2011 – Recruitment of Area Supervisors begins.
· 2 - 4 March 2011 – Census ‘Beyond the Count’ conference.
· Early April 2011 – Recruitment of Census Collectors begins.
· 28 July 2011 – eCensus opens to the public.
· 9 August 2011 – Census night.
· 10 August – Early September 2011 – Collection of Census forms.
· June 2012 – The first results from the 2011 Census will be released.