Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,297,967 1 new person every 1 minute and 29 seconds Consumer price index 1.3% September quarter 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product -0.5% Quarterly change Sep 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,516.00 May 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.6% Oct 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Friday 9 December 2016Lending for investment housing rose 0.7% seas.adj.Housing Finance, Australia
- Friday 9 December 2016Minimal confidentiality changes to trade codesInternational Merchandise Trade: Confidential Commodities List
- Thursday 8 December 2016Number of prisoners risePrisoners in Australia
- Thursday 8 December 2016Trade deficit rose $269m (21%) to $1,541mInternational Trade in Goods and Services, Australia
- Thursday 8 December 2016Rebenchmarked Labour Force data now available.Labour Force, Australia - Rebenchmarked Estimates
6227.0 - Education and Work, Australia, May 2016 Australians studying more More people are studying than ever before, with one in five Australians aged 15 to 64 undertaking some form of study in 2016, from school education through to university degrees. Men were more than 12 times as likely as women to study engineering, while women were more likely to study health or society and culture.
Deaths, Australia Infant mortality rate at record low The infant mortality rate is the lowest it has ever been, with 3.2 deaths per 1,000 live births in 2015. This is down from 4.9 deaths per 1,000 live births a decade ago, and 18.5 deaths per 1,000 live births 50 years ago.
The average house price in Australia is $612,100