Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,087,122 1 new person every 1 minute and 31 seconds Consumer price index 1.3% Annual change Mar 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.6% Quarterly change Dec 2015 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,499.30 November 2015 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.7% April 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Friday 27 May 2016Increase in federal defendants finalised in 2014-15Federal Defendants, Australia
- Friday 27 May 2016Key social survey user guide releasedNational Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Survey: User Guide
- Friday 27 May 2016Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander microdata releasedMicrodata: National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Survey
- Friday 27 May 2016Private health performs strongly in 2014-15Australian Industry
- Friday 27 May 2016Mining sales and service income declines in 2014-15Mining Operations, Australia
http://www.abs.gov.au Apply now to be a 2016 Census Field Officer! The ABS is seeking up to 38,000 Field Officers to join our team and play a role in shaping the future of Australia. If you’re community minded, of reasonable fitness, have a home computer with internet access, and are comfortable using mobile or tablet device then apply online now.
3303.0 - Causes of Death, Australia Causes of death There were 153,580 deaths registered in Australia in 2014. Heart disease, dementia, stroke, lung cancer and chronic lower respiratory diseases remain the top five leading causes of death, accounting for more than one third of all deaths.
Australians consume an average of 19kg of added sugar per year