Statistics collected about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are useful for planning, policy and decision-making processes. The following links are to a variety of resources containing Indigenous statistics relevant to education and training.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples: Education Data
- Year Book Australia: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples: Education, Learning and Skills (cat. no. 1301.0)
This article contains several subsections including: early learning, staying in school, continuing education, engaging in work and study and educational achievement.
- Population Characteristics, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians (cat. no. 4713.0)
The Education link includes information on school education, non-school education and qualifications.
- The National Early Childhood Education and Care Collection and National Schools Statistics Collection both collect administrative data on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples status.
- Indigenous Statistics for Schools
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Statistics for Schools is a new educational resource for people, including teachers and students, wanting to learn more about Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Collection of Indigenous Status of Students
A technical paper that looks into the treatment of 'not stated' records for Indigenous status of school students.
- Glossary for Indigenous Statistics for Schools
The CensusAtSchool is an innovative student centred learning experience that provides students with access to real, raw data about Australian school students.
- National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy
The National Assessment Program - Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) provides students, parents, teachers, schools and school systems with important information about the literacy and numeracy achievements of students.
This page last updated 1 August 2012