Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,332,616 1 new person every 1 minute and 24 seconds Consumer price index 1.3% September quarter 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product -0.5% Quarterly change Sep 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,516.00 May 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.6% Nov 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Tuesday 17 January 2017Lending for investment housing rose 4.9% seas.adj.Housing Finance, Australia
- Tuesday 17 January 2017Trend in new vehicle sales decreases 0.4% in DecemberSales of New Motor Vehicles, Australia
- Monday 16 January 2017Visitor arrivals from Malaysia up 22.9% from a year agoOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
- Monday 16 January 2017Additional information for Building Approvals AustraliaBuilding Approvals, Australia (Additional Information)
- Friday 13 January 2017Sheep slaughter continues to fall in November 2016Livestock and Meat, Australia
Australian Demographic Statistics More Australians entering the golden years The proportion of Australia's population aged 65 years and over has increased 15.3 per cent, up from 12.0 per cent a decade ago. Tasmania and South Australia have the highest proportions of older people, and the lowest proportions of both children and working age population.
Water Account, Australia Using less water Australian water consumption was 17,375 gigalitres in 2014-15, the equivalent of almost 35 Sydney Harbours. This was down 7 per cent from 2013-14. The largest decrease in water consumption was from the agriculture industry. Its consumption was down 10 per cent to 10,410 gigalitres.
People in Canberra and New South Wales were most likely to eat the recommended serves of fruit in 2011-12