Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,256,058 1 new person every 1 minute and 29 seconds Consumer price index 1.3% September quarter 2016 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.5% Quarterly change Jun 2016 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,516.00 May 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.6% Sep 2016 Monthly, trend estimate
- Friday 28 October 2016Final demand index rose 0.3% in the September Qtr 2016Producer Price Indexes, Australia
- Friday 28 October 2016Australian economy grew 2.8% in 2015-16Australian System of National Accounts
- Thursday 27 October 2016Migrants: 2011-12 income up 17 per cent on previous yearPersonal Income of Migrants, Australia
- Thursday 27 October 2016Life expectancy hits a new highLife Tables, States, Territories and Australia
- Thursday 27 October 2016Iron ore and coal drive rise in export pricesInternational Trade Price Indexes, Australia
Disability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: Summary of Findings Video on Australia's Carers In 2015, there were around 856,000 Australians who were the primary carer for someone with disability. Our primary carers were, on average, 55 years old and female. About one-third had disability themselves. Our video and podcast have more information.
ABS.Stat (Beta) New version of ABS.Stat now available ABS.Stat (Beta) provides flexible access to ABS data through a web browser interface and machine-to-machine web services. Improvements have been made to the functionality, performance and stability as well as introducing the developer preferred JSON API web service. New link stat.data.abs.gov.au.
The average Australian consumes 2.5kg of chocolate yearly