The purpose of this document is to initiate public consultation regarding the nature and content of the 2010-11 Agricultural Census.
The Agricultural Census is one of the largest statistical collections undertaken by the ABS. The main objective of the Agricultural Census is to provide commodity, water use and land use information on the agriculture sector for small geographic areas.
This publication describes the proposed content and collection procedures for the 2010-11 Agricultural Census. Users of the data, and others, are invited to comment on any aspect of the collection including providing:
- feedback on the relevance of the content currently being proposed in the ‘essential’ item list
- feedback on the relevance and relative importance of the content included in the ‘possible’ item list
- submissions outlining any additional topics of such priority and importance that other sources of funding (external to the ABS) would be available
- feedback on the proposed standard output geographies and the identification of other key geographies for which data should be released as part of the standard output
- feedback on the content of outputs and the format of data provided to users including the methods for dissemination of standard outputs on the ABS website, and
- information on funding opportunities and interest in the possibility of linking data from the Agricultural Census with data collected in the Census of Population and Housing.
Submissions can be forwarded electronically to email@example.com
or in hardcopy to Karen Connaughton, Assistant Director, Land and Agriculture Statistics NSC, Australian Bureau of Statistics, Locked Bag 10, Belconnen ACT 2616.
The closing date for submissions is Friday 20 th
LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS
|ABN||Australian Business Number|
|ABR||Australian Business Register|
|ABS||Australian Bureau of Statistics|
|ANZSIC||Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification|
|ASGC||Australian Standard Geographic Classification|
|ASGS||Australian Statistical Geography Standard |
|EVAO||Estimated Value of Agricultural Operations|
|NRM||Natural Resource Management|
|R&D||Research and Development|
|SA2||Statistical Area Level 2|
|SLA||Statistical Local Area|
|VACP||Value of Agricultural Commodities Produced|