What are they?
If you want more information or have general questions about the Census, there will be a number of ways you can get information and help.
On the ABS Website you will find:
If you can't find what you need on the ABS website, you can call the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070.
Customised Data Services
What are they and who are they for?
Consultants will be able to help you get the Census data you need.
If you are unable to find the data you need on-line in the format that you require, you will be able to request a customised dataset via an on-line form.
This is a charged service (in accordance with Commonwealth Cost Recovery Guidelines and ABS Pricing Policy)
- general information about the Census
- detailed information on specific data items
- guidance as to which product best suits your data needs
- help, FAQs and tutorials about how to use the website products and understanding Census data.
Customised Data Services suits those who:
What will be available?
Through Customised Data Services you can get:
- want more detailed information than what's available in the on-line products
- do not want to spend time extracting the free data available on-line
- choose not to use TableBuilder
- would like an ABS expert to validate their TableBuilder output
- want historical Census data that isn't available on-line
- want data in a different format or layout to what's available online.
Through Customised Data Services you can NOT get:
- output created and validated by an ABS data expert
- historical Census data
- output based on ASGC, ASGS (excluding Mesh Block) and a range of other geographic classifications
- data on a specific population of interest
- customised data formats not available from on-line products
- detailed cross-classified data using all output variables specified in the Census Dictionary
- training programs aimed at developing your statistical skills to help you make the best use of ABS information.
When will it be available?
You can request customised data at any time. You can also use the 'Advanced Ordering Service', where you can specify your requirements prior to release so you can access the data as soon as it is available.
- Census data at Mesh Block level or any form of customised aggregation of Mesh Block units
- information collected on the Census form for processing purposes only, such as date of birth information
- data that is considered of insufficient quality, such as tables that are sparsely populated or low count cells.
|Customised Services||First data release||Second data release|
|Always available||June 2012||October 2012|
This page last updated 29 July 2010