NAME OF COLLECTION
Australian National Accounts: Tourism Satellite Account
National Accounts Research
Australian Bureau of Statistics
GPO Box 10
BELCONNEN ACT 2616
Telephone: Canberra (02) 6252 7297
Facsimile: Canberra (02) 6252 5327
To provide a measure of the direct contribution of tourism to the Australian economy.
Visitors are split into national and international visitors. Domestic visitors are also split into visitor type (households/business and government) and length of trip (same day and overnight visitors).
- Tourism contribution to gross value added and GDP;
- Tourism GDP by type of visitor;
- Tourism gross value added by industry;
- Gross value added (tourism and non-tourism) by industry division;
- Tourism consumption by type of visitor;
- Domestic visitor consumption;
- Average consumption by type of visitor;
- Consumption by Australians travelling overseas and inbound visitors to Australia;
- Employed persons in tourism by age, sex and full-time/part-time basis;
- Number of overseas arrivals and departures.
Frequency of data availability
Products and services available
Special data services to be advised.