NAME OF COLLECTION
Attendance at Festivals - Population Survey Monitor
National Culture and Recreation Statistics Unit
Australian Bureau of Statistics
GPO Box 2272
ADELAIDE SA 5001
Telephone: Adelaide (08) 8237 7303
Facsimile: Adelaide (08) 8237 7421
To provide information on attendance at arts festivals throughout Australia.
The Population Survey Monitor is a quarterly household survey conducted throughout Australia of approximately 3,000 households. Information is obtained by face-to-face interviews. The survey was conducted over four quarters and has a sample of approximately 10,000 household.
- type of festival:
- cost of attending festival - free or fee charged; and
- whether the festival was more than 40 kilometres from home.
For festivals in a different State or Territory from the respondent’s usual residence, respondents were asked:
Australia, States and Territories.
Frequency of data availability
Last available data is for 1996.
Products and services available
Population Survey Monitor, Australia (cat. no. 4103.0)
Special data services are available on request.
- whether the festival was the main reason for travelling interstate;
- expenditure during visit; and
- number of persons aged 15 years and over covered by expenditure interstate.