NAME OF COLLECTION
Labour Statistics Centre Output Group
Australian Bureau of Statistics
GPO Box K881
PERTH WA 6001
Telephone: Perth (08) 9360 5286
Facsimile: Perth (08) 9360 5954
To provide data on employee earnings and other labour costs (i.e. superannuation, workers’ compensation, payroll tax and fringe benefits tax) for States, Territories and Australia.
This survey provides estimates of labour costs for the private and public sectors. The sample survey is conducted by mail as follows:
- Information is collected directly from employers on earnings and other labour costs (i.e. superannuation, workers’ compensation, payroll tax and fringe benefits tax).
- Superannuation Boards, Treasury Departments, and several Workers’ Compensation Boards provide details directly to the ABS on superannuation and workers’ compensation, for some government organisations.
- Additional information is obtained from the public accounts of the Commonwealth, States and Territories and from the annual reports of certain agencies.
- employee earnings;
- employer payments for superannuation;
- employer payments for workers’ compensation;
- employer payments for payroll tax;
- employer payments for fringe benefits tax;
- industry; and
- employer size.
In relation to tourism, data are available for the above items for persons employed in the accommodation, cafes and restaurants industry and the cultural and recreational services industry.
Australia, States and Territories.
Frequency of data availability
Data are available annually from 1985-86 to 1991-92 and two-yearly from 1993-94.
Data are available for 1985-86, 1986-87, 1988-89, 1990-91, 1991-92, 1993-94, 1995-96.
Products and services available
Labour Costs, Australia (cat. no. 6348.0)
Special data services are available on request.