Measures of a Knowledge-based Economy and Society, Australia
Innovation and Technology
Australian Bureau of Statistics, Canberra
Telephone (02) 6252 7822
Measures of a knowledge-based economy and society, Australiais a web-based publication which presents indicators for the three core dimensions described in the ABS Knowledge-based economy and society framework. These are:
- innovation and entrepreneurship;
- human capital; and
- information and communications technology.
The product draws from a variety of information on knowledge-related activities. It presents indicators with a focus on national information and includes time series data and selected international comparisons.
New indicators will be introduced over time and updates to indicators will occur continually as new information becomes available.
Education data is presented in seven of the indicators in the dimension of human capital, and also in a summary page containing an overview of all the human capital indicators. The areas covered in these indicators include:
GO TO CONTENTS OF THE DIRECTORY OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING STATISTICS
- graduate outcomes by qualification and labour force status
- level of highest non-school qualification of employed persons by occupation
- main field of highest non-school qualification by labour force status
- participation in education by age group
- time series data on proportion of persons with a non-school qualification
- main field of current study by age, and
- unmet demand for education by labour force characteristics.