NAME OF COLLECTION
ASX Tourism and Leisure Index
Australian Stock Exchange
PO Box H224
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Telephone: 1 300 300 279
Facsimile: 61 (02) 9227 0455
To measure the average movement in the the prices of securities of companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange which operate in the tourism and/or leisure sectors of the economy.
The ASX Tourism and Leisure Index measures the price movements of the the equity securities of listed companies included in the All Ordinaries Index, that satisfy the industry classification of tourism and leisure.
Frequency of data availability
The price index is calculated on-line as requested, based on prices operating at that point in time. The accumulation index is calculated daily based on prices as at the end of the day.
Data are available from December 1990.
Products and services available
ASX Index Services can supply you with customised Indices that can measure a chosen selection of companies, and can capture additional factors such as the reinvestment of dividends. Customisation of Indices means that more information on the return to investments in the market can be measured by the Index, which provides you with a more relevant benchmark with which you can compare the performance of a company or portfolio.
- The Tourism and Leisure Index includes companies whose primary activity is casinos and gaming, hotel operation or leisure activities not including trusts.
- The market capitalisation of the Tourism and Leisure Index makes up approximately 2% of the market capitalisation of the All Ordinaries Index, with 8 companies included as at 31 October 1999.
- The Tourism and Leisure Index was calculated at 1000 on 31 December 1990.
- The ASX Tourism and Leisure accumulation Index measures change in securities prices assuming reinvestment of dividends.
- ASX Monthly Index Analysis
- The ASX Monthly Index Analysis provides information that can be useful in a detailed asessment of the performance and liquidity of the domestic market or industry portfolio, and international markets. Compare the performance of your investment portfolios with a market or an industry, and use the data as a tool in making more powerful investment decisions.
- Real time or delayed Index data is available on-line vis ASX data vendors.