NAME OF COLLECTION
Survey of Recreational Scuba Divers in Australia
Senior Lecturer in Resource Economics
Centre for Coastal Management
Southern Cross University
PO Box 157
LISMORE NSW 2480
Telephone: Lismore (02) 6620 3775
Facsimile: Lismore (02) 6621 2669
To develop a profile of the recreational scuba diving industry in Australia.
Data were collected in 1994-95 on the demographic and economic characteristics of divers, their travel patterns and reasons underlying the demand for diving. Survey questionnaires were placed in all Dive Australia member businesses. A total of 444 divers responded to the
Frequency of data availability
Products and services available
- diving experience and qualifications;
- type/location of recent dives;
- dive travel - domestic/international;
- expenditure on diving (annual);
- demand determinants;
- attitudes to congestion;demographic information; and
- income (household).
- Data are available on request.