ABOUT THIS DIRECTORY
This Directory contains a set of metadata about each selected source of Australian and State and Territory Government Family and Domestic Violence data. Metadata is information about a data collection, and does not include data itself. Metadata is useful as it can provide readers with:
- information about what data already exists and where data gaps are, both within and across data sources;
- an understanding of the range of Family and Domestic Violence data captured by each data source;
- a summary of the collection methodology and consequent limitations of the data for each data source to enable readers to make an assessment of whether the data source may be suitable for their needs;
- contact details for accessing published data and, where applicable, further customised data; and
- information about the methodology, data items and context for existing collections which can be used as a model for the development of a new data collection. Contacting source agencies can provide useful insights about the data collection development process for similar types of data sources.
Some Family and Domestic Violence Government data sources have been omitted for reasons, such as:
UPDATES TO THIS DIRECTORY
- the information collected is not available for statistical use;
- data cannot be readily extracted in an aggregated, de-identified format; and
- data are not considered by the agency to be sufficiently robust or complete for statistical purposes.
Every effort has been made to include and verify details for relevant Australian, State and Territory Government sources of Family and Domestic Violence related statistical data. However, if you are aware of any omissions, errors, impending changes, or additional Family and Domestic Violence data sources that should be included in the Directory we would welcome your input.
Please email: email@example.com
Note: The ABS will not charge a fee for the inclusion of entries in the Directory, nor will it pay for contributions. Entries will be included at the discretion of the ABS.
Previous Page | Next Page
This page last updated 15 October 2013