DATA ITEM LIST
The Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies (PIAAC) comprised a questionnaire, and a set of assessments. The questionnaire contained 11 modules and approximately 330 questions, which resulted in approximately 380 data items.
Users intending to purchase the CURF should consult the data item list to ensure that the data they require, and the level of detail they need, are available in the product.
The PIAAC Basic CURF file contains 8,600 confidentialised respondent records. Subject to the limitations of the sample size and the data classifications used, it is possible to interrogate the CURF, produce tabulations and undertake statistical analyses to individual specifications.
The CURF file contains approximately 310 data items. For a complete list of all data items included on the CURF, including relevant population and classification details, refer to the Excel spreadsheet in the Downloads tab. The data item spreadsheet has 14 worksheets:
- table of contents
- data items on demography
- data items on background information
- data items on education
- data items on work
- data items on work characteristics
- data items on skill use at work
- data items on literacy, numeracy and information and communications technology (ICT) use at work
- data items on literacy, numeracy and information and communications technology (ICT) use in everyday life
- data items on self perception and wellbeing
- data items on income
- plausible values
- identifiers and weights
- data items on workflow.
The populations used in the derivations of the data items are listed in the Population column of each data item.
This page last updated 15 February 2013