Year of the Rabbit – year of the 2011 Census
3 February, 2011
Would you like to celebrate Chinese New Year with a new job?
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) needs Chinese Area Supervisors who have a passion for their community and would like a part-time job that helps everyone in their neighbourhood.
Head of the Population Census program Paul Lowe said the ABS is looking for workers from all cultural backgrounds and with great communication, organisation and administration skills to make the Census on Tuesday 9 August, 2011 a success.
“Area Supervisors, particularly those with bilingual skills, help us capture a full and accurate picture of Australia’s cultural diversity,” Mr Lowe said.
“Collecting accurate Census data assists with planning decisions for future resources like religious and language services and facilities.”
Area Supervisors will receive between $4,300 and $7,500 for the part-time position and will be employed from 18 April until 7 October.
Applications open 12 February and close on 4 March 2011.
More information is available online at www.abs.gov.au/careers
Key Census dates
· February 2011 – Recruitment of Area Supervisors begins.
· 2 - 4 March 2011 – Census ‘Beyond the Count’ conference.
· Early April 2011 – Recruitment of Census Collectors begins.
· 28 July 2011 – eCensus opens to the public.
· 9 August 2011 – Census night.
· 10 August – Early September 2011 – Collection of Census forms.
· June 2012 – The first results from the 2011 Census will be released.