JUNE KEY FIGURES
May 2016 to June 2016
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
June Qtr 2016
March Qtr 2016 to June Qtr 2016
|Turnover in volume terms |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JUNE KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
in volume terms -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in June 2016. This follows a rise of 0.2% in May 2016 and a rise of 0.2% in April 2016.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.1% in June 2016. This follows a rise of 0.2% in May 2016 and a rise of 0.1% in April 2016.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.1% in June 2016 compared with June 2015.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in June 2016: Other retailing (0.5%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.5%) and Department stores (0.1%). Food retailing (0.0%) and Household goods retailing (0.0%) were relatively unchanged in trend terms in June 2016.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in June 2016: New South Wales (0.3%), Victoria (0.2%), South Australia (0.3%), Western Australia (0.1%) and Tasmania (0.3%). Queensland (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. The Northern Territory (-0.4%) and the Australian Capital Territory (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in June 2016.
- In volume terms, the trend estimate for Australian turnover rose 0.4% in the June quarter 2016.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|July 2016 ||1 September 2016|
|August 2016 ||5 October 2016|
|September 2016 ||4 November 2016|
|October 2016 ||2 December 2016|
|November 2016 ||10 January 2017|
|December 2016 ||6 February 2017|
This issue includes updated quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita. The full time series is available from the Downloads tab of this publication on the ABS website.
Updated online retail turnover estimates for the June 2016 reference month are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.
outlines how the ABS will handle any personal information that you provide to the ABS.