MAY KEY FIGURES
April 2016 to May 2016
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
MAY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in May 2016. This follows a rise of 0.2% in April 2016 and a rise of 0.2% in March 2016.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.2% in May 2016. This follows a rise of 0.1% in April 2016 and a rise of 0.4% in March 2016.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.3% in May 2016 compared with May 2015.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in May 2016: Other retailing (0.5%), Food Retailing (0.1%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.3%). Household goods retailing (0.0%) and Department stores (0.0%) were relatively unchanged in trend terms in May 2016.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in May 2016: New South Wales (0.4%), Victoria (0.2%), South Australia (0.3%), Western Australia (0.1%), Tasmania (0.4%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.2%). Queensland (-0.2%) and the Northern Territory (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in May 2016.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|June 2016 ||4 August 2016|
|July 2016 ||1 September 2016|
|August 2016 ||5 October 2016|
|September 2016 ||4 November 2016|
|October 2016 ||2 December 2016|
|November 2016 ||10 January 2017|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the May 2016 reference month. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.