JULY KEY FIGURES
Jun 10 to Jul 10
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend estimates |
|Seasonally adjusted estimates |
JULY KEY POINTS
Current prices -
- The trend estimate increased 0.4% in July 2010. This follows a revised 0.4% increase in June 2010 and a revised 0.4% increase in May 2010.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate increased 0.7% in July 2010. This follows a revised 0.4% increase in June 2010 and a revised 0.4% increase in May 2010.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover increased 3.8% in July 2010 compared with July 2009.
- The following industries increased in trend terms in July 2010: Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (1.5%), Food retailing (0.4%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.4%), Other retailing (0.4%) and Household goods retailing (0.2%). Department stores (-0.4%) decreased in July 2010.
- The following states and territories increased in trend terms in July 2010: Victoria (0.8%), New South Wales (0.6%), Queensland (0.4%), the Northern Territory (0.2%) and South Australia (0.1%). Western Australia (-0.4%), Tasmania (-0.3%) and the Australian Capital Territory (-0.1%) decreased in July 2010.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|August 2010 ||5 October 2010|
|September 2010 ||4 November 2010|
|October 2010 ||2 December 2010|
|November 2010 ||10 January 2011|
|December 2010 ||7 February 2011|
|January 2011 ||1 March 2011|
The seasonally adjusted and trend series have been revised following the scheduled annual re-analysis of the seasonally adjusted data series. The seasonal and trading day factors are reviewed annually at a more detailed level than possible in the monthly processing cycle. The annual re-analysis can result in relatively higher revisions to the seasonally adjusted series than during normal monthly processing. For Retail Trade, the results of the latest review are included in this issue based on raw data up to June 2010.
There are no revisions to the original estimates.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Katlean Pussell on Sydney (02) 9268 4568.
This page last updated 1 October 2010