APRIL KEY FIGURES
Mar 10 to Apr 10
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend estimates |
|Seasonally adjusted estimates |
APRIL KEY POINTS
Current prices -
- The trend estimate increased 0.1% in April 2010. This follows a 0.1% increase in March 2010 and a 0.1% increase in February 2010.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate increased 0.6% in April 2010. This follows a 0.8% increase in March 2010 and 1.2% decrease in February 2010.
- In original terms, Australian turnover decreased 2.4% in April 2010. Australian turnover increased 0.9% in April 2010 compared with April 2009.
- The following industries increased in trend terms in April 2010: Other retailing (0.3%), Food retailing (0.2%) and Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.2%). Household good retailing (0.0%) remained unchanged. Department stores (-0.3%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.2%) decreased in April 2010.
- The following states and territories increased in trend terms in April 2010: South Australia (0.7%), the Northern Territory (0.7%), Victoria (0.4%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.3%), Western Australia (0.2%) and Queensland (0.1%). Tasmania (0.0%) remained unchanged and New South Wales (-0.3%) decreased in April 2010.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|May 2010 ||1 July 2010|
|June 2010 ||3 August 2010|
|July 2010 ||31 August 2010|
|August 2010 ||5 October 2010|
|September 2010 ||4 November 2010|
|October 2010 ||2 December 2010|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Katlean Pussell on Sydney (02) 9268 4568.