JANUARY KEY FIGURES
December 2012 to January 2013
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JANUARY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.1% in January 2013. This follows a relatively unchanged December 2012 (0.0%) and a relatively unchanged November 2012 (0.0%).
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.9% in January 2013. This follows a fall of 0.4% in December 2012 and a fall of 0.2% in November 2012.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.5% in January 2013 compared with January 2012.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in January 2013: Food retailing (0.2%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.5%) and Department stores (0.4%). Household goods retailing (-0.2%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (-0.1%) and Other retailing (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in January 2013.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in January 2013: Queensland (0.3%), Victoria (0.1%), Tasmania (0.5%) and the Northern Territory (0.6%). Western Australia (0.0%) and New South Wales (0.0%) remained relatively unchanged. South Australia (-0.2%) and the Australian Capital Territory (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in January 2013.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|February 2013 ||4 April 2013|
|March 2013 ||6 May 2013|
|April 2013 ||3 June 2013|
|May 2013 ||3 July 2013|
|June 2013 ||5 August 2013|
|July 2013 ||3 September 2013|
There are no changes in this issue.
The original estimates for Food retailing have been revised in December 2012 as a result of updated information from survey respondents.
Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to revisions to original estimates as well as the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.
This page last updated 3 April 2013