OCTOBER KEY FIGURES
Sep 2010 to Oct 2010
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
OCTOBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in October 2010. This follows a rise of 0.1% in September 2010 and a rise of 0.2% in August 2010.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate fell 1.1% in October 2010. This follows a rise of 0.1% in September 2010 and a rise of 0.2% in August 2010.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.8% in October 2010 compared with October 2009.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in October 2010: Other retailing (0.4%) and Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.2%). Food retailing (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.5%), Household goods retailing (-0.1%) and Department stores (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in October 2010.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in October 2010: Victoria (0.3%), Western Australia (0.3%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.1%). New South Wales (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. Queensland (-0.1%), South Australia (-0.1%), the Northern Territory (-0.7%) and Tasmania (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in October 2010.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|November 2010 ||10 January 2011|
|December 2010 ||7 February 2011|
|January 2011 ||1 March 2011|
|February 2011 ||31 March 2011|
|March 2011 ||5 May 2011|
|April 2011 ||2 June 2011|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.
This page last updated 7 January 2011