JULY KEY FIGURES
Jun 2011 to Jul 2011
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JULY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.1% in July 2011. This follows a rise of 0.1% in June 2011 and a rise of 0.2% in May 2011.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.5% in July 2011. This follows a fall of 0.1% in June 2011 and a fall of 0.6% in May 2011.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 1.5% in July 2011 compared with July 2010.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in July 2011: Other retailing (0.7%), Food retailing (0.2%), Household goods retailing (0.2%) and Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.2%). Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.7%) and Department stores (-0.5%) fell in trend terms in July 2011.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in July 2011: Victoria (0.4%), Queensland (0.3%), Western Australia (0.4%) and Tasmania (0.1%). The Northern Territory (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. New South Wales (-0.2%), South Australia (-0.5%) and the Australian Capital Territory (-0.7%) fell in trend terms in July 2011.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|August 2011 ||5 October 2011|
|September 2011 ||3 November 2011|
|October 2011 ||1 December 2011|
|November 2011 ||9 January 2012|
|December 2011 ||6 February 2012|
|January 2012 ||1 March 2012|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.
This page last updated 4 October 2011