OCTOBER KEY FIGURES
September 2012 to October 2012
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
OCTOBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in October 2012. This follows a rise of 0.2% in September 2012 and a rise of 0.2% in August 2012.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in October 2012. This follows a rise of 0.5% in September 2012 and a rise of 0.3% in August 2012.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.4% in October 2012 compared with October 2011.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in October 2012: Food retailing (0.5%) and Household goods retailing (0.1%). Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services was relatively unchanged (0.0%). Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.4%), Other retailing (-0.1%) and Department stores (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in October 2012.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in October 2012: Western Australia (0.8%), Queensland (0.2%), New South Wales (0.1%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.2%) and the Northern Territory (0.1%). Victoria (0.0%) and South Australia (0.0%) were relatively unchanged. Tasmania (-0.7%) fell in trend terms in October 2012.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|November 2012 ||9 January 2013|
|December 2012 ||6 February 2013|
|January 2013 ||5 March 2013|
|February 2013 ||4 April 2013|
|March 2013 ||6 May 2013|
|April 2013 ||3 June 2013|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.
This page last updated 8 January 2013