NOVEMBER KEY FIGURES
TAKE CARE! Overseas Arrivals understated. See below - MISSING DATA
Oct '08 to Nov '08
Nov '07 to Nov '08
|Short-term visitor arrivals |
|Seasonally adjusted |
|Short-term resident departures |
|Seasonally adjusted |
|. . not applicable |
NOVEMBER KEY POINTS
SHORT-TERM VISITOR ARRIVALS
SHORT-TERM RESIDENT DEPARTURES
- Trend estimates: Short-term visitor arrivals to Australia during November 2008 (446,400 movements), decreased by 0.7% compared with October 2008 (449,400 movements). This followed monthly decreases of 1.0% for September 2008 and 0.8% for October 2008.
- Currently, trend estimates for arrivals are 5.1% lower than in November 2007.
- Seasonally adjusted estimates: During November 2008, arrivals (446,300 movements) decreased by 1.4% compared with October 2008 (452,500 movements). This followed a monthly decrease of 1.4% for September 2008 and a monthly increase of 1.1% for October 2008.
- Original estimates: There were 469,800 arrivals to Australia in November 2008.
- Trend estimates: Short-term resident departures from Australia during November 2008 (483,100 movements), recorded a 0.2% decrease compared with October 2008 (484,300 movements). This followed minimal monthly decreases in September 2008 and October 2008.
- Currently, trend estimates for departures are 2.3% higher than in November 2007.
- Seasonally adjusted estimates: During November 2008, departures (474,500 movements) decreased by 3.2% compared with October 2008 (490,300 movements). This followed a monthly decrease of 1.7% for September 2008 and a monthly increase of 1.2% for October 2008.
- Original estimates: There were 432,700 departures from Australia during November 2008.
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|December 2008 ||6 February 2009|
|January 2009 ||6 March 2009|
|February 2009 ||6 April 2009|
|March 2009 ||8 May 2009|
|April 2009 ||4 June 2009|
|May 2009 ||7 July 2009|
This publication contains movement data which should not be interpreted as 'persons'. See paragraph 5 of the Explanatory Notes for more detail.
The statistics in this publication have been rounded to the nearest 100 for short-term movements and to the nearest 10 for permanent and long-term movements. As a result, sums of the components may not add exactly to totals. Analysis featured in this publication is based on unrounded data. Calculations made on rounded data may differ to those published.
The Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship has advised that November 2008 data excludes 3,580 arrivals. This represents 0.4% of all arrivals in November 2008. For further information refer to the DATA QUALITY ISSUES APPENDIX, paragraph NOVEMBER 2008 PROCESSING in this issue.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
There are no changes in this issue.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Anne Ward on Canberra (02) 6252 6871.