ABOUT THIS RELEASE
A set of Social Atlases of the Australian capital cities. The Social Atlas series present colour maps of the key social, demographic and economic characteristics of each capital city, at the time of the 2001 Census. The maps are easy to interpret as the distribution of the data is represented by different colours or shadings. A brief commentary explaining the main features and characteristics also accompanies each map.
The Social Atlas series has a common core set of maps including population, ethnicity, education, families, income, labour force and dwellings. Each Social Atlas also includes maps that highlight any unique attributes pertaining to that particular capital city.
||Explore your capital city with the 2001 Social Atlas series. Order now |
The 2001 Social Atlas series is a must-have if you are looking for a cost efficient yet effective tool to help you make the right business decision.
Have you ever wondered...
- Where people who travel to work by car or public transport in Hobart live?
- Which areas of Perth have the highest percentages of people who are not fluent in English?
- Where are most of the home rental properties located in Adelaide?
- Which areas of Sydney had the greatest change in population between 1996 and 2001?
Purchase the 2001 Social Atlas series to find an answer to these questions and more for each State and Territory capital in Australia.
What can the Social Atlas do for me?
- Offers you quick, convenient and easy access to maps on key social, demographic and housing characteristics for your region
- Provides an up-to-date look at your city, which is broken down to Collection Districts for better analysis
- Includes bonus reference maps are included to assist you in locating areas of interest
- New for 2001- includes the number of people who used the Internet at home the week before Census night.
Want other information that's not in the Social Atlases series mapped? Call 1300 135 070 to order maps to suit your requirements.
What's in a Social Atlas?
There are over 35 maps in each atlas which provide a convenient and practical reference to your capital city - its people and their social and economic characteristics.
Reference maps (Statistical Local Area, Postal Area and Location Maps) are also included.
Buy the full set and receive an $80 saving!
You will also receive a special presentation folder, which is ideal for placing your Atlases in libraries, reception areas and on your bookshelf.
Primary and secondary schools are entitled to a 30% discount. To take advantage of this special offer, please contact the National Education Services Unit on 1800 623 273.
Atlases are $75 each for Sydney and Melbourne, and $55 each for other Australian capital cities. Pricing detail is here.
Order now to get a 2001 Social Atlas map to explore your capital city.