This information paper advises users of proposed changes to the AusStats tables associated with the publication Livestock and Meat, Australia (cat. no. 7218.0.55.001).
A concordance between the current AusStats tables (Lotus 1-2-3 .wks format) and the proposed new tables (in .xls format) is included below.
Also attached below are links to the new tables providing a view of the proposed new format for these tables.
These changes come into effect with the September 2005 issue of 7218.0.55.001 which will be released on 4 November 2005.
The new product provides a range of benefits for time series clients including:
The new format files can be opened, read and manipulated using Excel 5.0/95 (or equivalent), however, some features will not be available unless you have Excel 97 (or better).
For further information or if you have any queries about the change or related statistics, contact Jenny Spencer on (03) 6222 5974.
CURRENT AND PROPOSED TABLES
Below is a concordance between the current AusStats tables and the proposed Excel tables.
- longer time series - we can now provide more than 255 observations in a single series
- series are presented in columns in accordance with Time Series analysis conventions
- consistent and complete series metadata is provided for every series displayed
- a readily recognised file format (Excel) that will 'auto launch' in most business IT environments
- built in features on which clients can base reliable processing systems.
|CURRENT AUSSTATS TABLES||PROPOSED NEW EXCEL TABLES|
|TABLE 1||Livestock Slaughtered - Australia (excluding Chickens): All Series ('000)||7218001.xls|
|TABLE 2||Livestock Products, Australia - Red Meat: All Series (Tonnes)||7218002.xls|
This page last updated 8 December 2006