DWELLING UNIT COMMENCEMENTS ORIGINAL
Dec qtr 10
Sep qtr 10 to Dec qtr 10
Dec qtr 09 to Dec qtr 10
|New private sector houses |
|New private sector other residential building |
|Private sector conversion, etc. |
|Public sector dwellings |
|Total dwelling units |
- The total number of dwelling units commenced fell 7.7% in the December quarter 2010, to 39,469.
- Total dwelling unit commencements in all states and territories fell this quarter except for New South Wales, Western Australia and the Australian Capital Territory.
- New private sector house commencements fell 8.0%, to 24,465.
- New private sector house commencements fell this quarter in all states and territories except for Western Australia, Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory.
- New private sector other residential building rose 6.1%, to 13,097. This follows a revised fall of 2.8% in the September quarter.
- The total number of public sector dwellings commenced fell by 53.2% to 1,633.
- Public sector dwelling unit commencements fell this quarter in all states and territories except for Western Australia and Tasmania.