This product provides a range of information about the release of microdata from the Survey of Education and Work, Australia, May 2011 including details about the survey methodology, and how to use the CURF and the Survey TableBuilder. Data item lists and information on the conditions of use and the quality of the microdata as well as the definitions used are also provided.
Microdata are the most detailed information available from a survey and are generally the responses to individual questions on the questionnaire or data derived from two or more questions and are released with the approval of the Australian Statistician.
The following microdata products are available from this survey:
- Basic CURF. The Basic CURF allows approved users interactive access in the user’s own environment (via a CD-ROM/DVD)
- Survey TableBuilder, which is an online tool for creating tables and graphs and can be accessed via the ABS website.
Further information about these services, and other information to assist users in understanding and accessing microdata in general, is available from the Microdata Entry Page
on the ABS website.
Before you apply for access, users should read and familiarise themselves with the information contained in this product and the User Manual: Responsible Use of ABS CURFs
APPLY FOR ACCESS
To apply for access to the Basic CURF, register and apply in MiCRO
To apply for access to Survey TableBuilder, register and apply in Registration Centre
Further information about the survey and the microdata products can be found in this product:
DATA AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
- A detailed list of data items for the Basic CURF and the Survey TableBuilder is available on the Downloads tab
- The Quality Declaration, Abbreviations and Glossary relating to these products can be found in the Explanatory Notes tab
- Other related products can be found on the Related Information tab.
Data obtained in the survey but not contained on the CURF or able to be constructed from the Survey TableBuilder may be available from the ABS, on request, as statistics in tabulated form.
Subject to confidentiality and sampling variability constraints, special tabulations can be produced incorporating data items, populations and geographic areas selected to meet individual requirements. These are available on request, on a fee for service basis. Contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for further information.