DECEMBER KEY FIGURES
November 2012 to December 2012
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
December Qtr 2012
September Qtr 2012 to December Qtr 2012
|Turnover in volume terms |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
DECEMBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
in volume terms -
- The trend estimate fell 0.1% in December 2012. This follows a relatively unchanged November 2012 (0.0%) and a relatively unchanged October 2012 (0.0%).
- The seasonally adjusted estimate fell 0.2% in December 2012. This follows a fall of 0.2% in November 2012 and a fall of 0.1% in October 2012.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.5% in December 2012 compared with December 2011.
- The following industries fell in trend terms in December 2012: Other retailing (-0.5%), Household goods retailing (-0.4%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (-0.3%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.2%). Food retailing (0.3%) and Department stores (0.1%) rose in trend terms in December 2012.
- The following states and territories fell in trend terms in December 2012: New South Wales (-0.2%), Victoria (-0.2%), South Australia (-0.4%), the Australian Capital Territory (-0.3%) and Tasmania (-0.2%). Western Australia (0.4%) and Queensland (0.1%) rose in trend terms in December 2012. The Northern Territory was relatively unchanged (0.0%).
- In volume terms, the trend estimate for Australian turnover rose 0.1% in the December quarter 2012.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|January 2013 ||5 March 2013|
|February 2013 ||4 April 2013|
|March 2013 ||6 May 2013|
|April 2013 ||3 June 2013|
|May 2013 ||3 July 2013|
|June 2013 ||5 August 2013|
There are no changes in this issue.
The original estimates for Other retailing have been revised in November 2012 as a result of updated information from survey respondents.
Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to revisions to original estimates as well as the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.
This page last updated 4 March 2013