Informing decisions - Australian Bureau of Statistics
Service Delivery Charter 2008-2011
General inquiries - we will:
- answer 85% of calls to our telephone inquiry service within 30 seconds (between the hours of 9:00am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday); and
- acknowledge the receipt of 99% of email inquiries and inquiry form correspondence within five working days.
ABS website - we will:
- ensure the website is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, subject to events out of our control;
- commence publishing to website at 11:30am (EST) Monday to Friday;
- advertise website unavailability for maintenance purposes one working day prior to the website being unavailable;
- fix 99% of broken web page links within three working days of notification by a customer; and
- refer 99% of requests for translation of any web product which is not suitably accessible for visually impaired users, to an appropriate translation service within three working days.
Consultancy services - we will:
- acknowledge the receipt of 99% of inquiries within one working day;
- provide 90% of quotes for information consultancy services within three working days of receiving your final specifications; and
- provide 90% of information consultancy services within five working days of receiving your instructions to proceed, or to a timeframe negotiated between you and the consultant.
Microdata access - we will:
- acknowledge the receipt of 99% of microdata inquiries within one working day;
- provide a full response to 85% of microdata inquiries within five working days; and
- dispatch 90% of CURF microdata products within 15 working days of receipt of your completed CURF application form; and
- provide 90% of new CURF users with access within five working days to a CURF already approved for use in that organisation.
01/07/2008 Note: This page has been updated to reflect the changes of NIRS contact hours and associated Service Standards.