OVERVIEW OF THE ANALYSIS
Logistic regression analysis techniques were used to assess the relationship between the farm manager's perception that the climate affecting their holding had changed and a range of manager or farm business characteristics. Characteristics were included in the analysis based on their potential association with the perception of a change to the climate.
Characteristics included were:
1. Farm manager characteristics
- Role in the farm operation
- Number of years involved in the management of the holding
- Reasons for improving NRM practices (options include farm sustainability, increase productivity, improve environmental protection, improve risk management)
- Managers who set aside land for conservation
2. Farm business characteristics
- Size of holding by area
- Estimated Value of Agricultural Operations (EVAO) of holding
- Australian and New Zealand Standard Industry Classification
For details of the methodology used and results from the analysis, please refer to the Appendix 3
- Technical Notes and Appendix 4
- Summary of the results from the logistic regression model, respectively.